Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Salvation and What???


One of my struggles has always been finding a balance between following God's will for my life and following my hearts desires. 

What I mean by that is this.  My daily prayer is pretty much "please guide me in all I do God so that I am focused on the things you want me to do.  I'm willing to do the work, just need your guidance.".  But as a result of that heartfelt desire perhaps I don't really express and ask for my heartfelt desires from God.  For some reason it feels like I am trying to take control away from God and run my own life which Scripture warns against.  Does that make sense? 

I read this Scripture today and in praying over it I sense that God is sending me a message.  Take a look at the Scripture.

Revelation 12:10-12(NKJV)
Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 
Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

Salvation and strength.  Hmm.  Why did that phrase speak to me and why during prayer did God link it to my thoughts above? 

Here is what I am getting from the Holy Spirit on the issue. 
 
Scripture tells us clearly that God wants to give us the desires of our heart, provided that it is in line with God's will.   I think the message God is trying to send me goes something like this.  "Dude I get that you want to do My will.  And I get that you want guidance and you are willing to do the work.  But it would be nice if you would get off your behind and actually do so.  It would be helpful if you would do as I told you to do and let me know what the desires of your heart are.  That would make my job easier!".

God didn't actually say behind.  He was more blunt than that!  :) 

Now couple that with salvation and strength and I think it indicates that I need to be more proactive in setting long term goals (desires of my heart) and developing plans to achieve them.  I have the strength and power through Christ to tackle that on my own.  That lightens God's load because then He just has to guide me instead of developing the plan and everything! 

I so love living in God's favor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment