Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

But You Are The Same!


What a simple yet great promise. 

Psalms 102:27(NKJV)
27    But You are the same,     And Your years will have no end.

I think that of all the promises in the Bible, this one brings me the most comfort.  Now I'm not discounting the promise of salvation by any means.  It's just that without this promise, even the promise of salvation could lose some of its meaning.  Let me explain.

Knowing that God is always the same, never changes, provides the bedrock for all of His other promises.  We can take great comfort, as can all of our kids and grandkids throughout history, that all of God's promises remain true for all of us.  They never change and God never changes.

To illustrate why this is so important, let's look at what could happen if it weren't true.  What could happen if God were capricious or wishy-washy?  What if God were a practical joker?  Get to the end of life and God says "Salvation?  Sorry dude, I was just yanking your chain.".   

That is why I believe that the promise of God never changing is of such great importance and so comforting to me.   When God makes a promise, you can count on it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment