Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Why???


I don't know about you but there are times God's plan just doesn't make any sense to me.  This is one of those times.  When I read this passage it left me just asking "Why?"

Take a look at what I am talking about.

Revelation 20:1-3(NKJV)
1Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 
2He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 
3and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

What?  You have Satan captured and defeated.  Why in the world does God then feel the need to let Satan loose back on the earth to cause more trouble?  What is the point?  That is just going to cause more misery for the people left on the earth at the end of the 1000 years of Christ's rein. 

After reading the rest of the chapter I have a guess but it is only a guess. 

Satan is released for the final battle.  Could it be that there is something important about a final showdown and God defeating Satan in battle?  It sure seems that way to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment