Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Does God's Love Only Apply to God's People?

Back to the whole God is love thing.  Read this next part of Revelation and I'll give you my thoughts on  the other side.

Revelation 9:3-6(NKJV)
3Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 
4They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 
5And they were not given authority to kill them, but to torment them for five months. Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 
6In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will desire to die, and death will flee from them.

That's a funny way to show love wouldn't you say?  As I've said before, I think that all of those who think that God is all love and no punishment are in for a rude surprise.

Here is my take on it.  God is all about love in a general sense.  By that I mean that he loved all of us enough to provide a way to be saved.  But it is up to each one of us to act on that offer, God doesn't force us to accept Him. 

But contrary to what the Kumbaya Jesus folks think, I don't think that God takes a live and let live attitude to those who reject His offer.  I believe that Scripture is pretty clear.  Once a person makes a decision to reject God, that person has declared themselves to be an enemy of God. 

Look at what Revelation 9:3-6 tells us about what God has in store for those who have declared themselves enemies of God.  God intends to torture them for 5 months.  God intends that they suffer so much pain that they will want to die but God won't allow it.

I've gotta say I don't see a lot of love in that!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment