Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Why Do You Love The Lord?


Psalms 116:1-2(NKJV)
1    I love the Lord, because He has heard      My voice and my supplications.
2    Because He has inclined His ear to me,     Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.

As I read this verse and my initial response was "You mean you wouldn't love the Lord because He hasn't heard you?"  That in turn got me to thinking, why do I love the Lord?  Can I put it into words? 

For me that is pretty easy.  The obvious part is for salvation.  But beyond that, how does God effect my daily life?  I love God because I know I can count on His promises.  I don't have to wonder if there is a catch or anything.  Because of that I know that I can count on God's promise to guide my life without a bit of doubt.  Every day that I seek Him.  For that I am eternally grateful.

But what does God want from us in return?  More than anything else, one simple thing.  Psalms 116 gives us a clue.  I believe this is King David writing this Psalm.

Psalms 116:12-14(NKJV)
12    What shall I render to the Lord      For all His benefits toward me?
13    I will take up the cup of salvation,     And call upon the name of the Lord.
14    I will pay my vows to the Lord     Now in the presence of all His people.

That's it.  Simply call on the name of Jesus for your salvation.  Simply accept and believe that Jesus was God's son who came to earth and died for our sins.  Asking Jesus to come into your life and take over is the offering that God most desires for all that He does for us.

Have you done that yet?  All you have to do is have a conversation with Jesus.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment