Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Who Is This Describing?


Read this passage and then answer this question.  Who is this passage describing?

Revelation 19:12-16(NKJV)
12His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He £had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 
13He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 
14And the armies in heaven, clothed in £fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 
15Now out of His mouth goes a £sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 
16And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

If you said Jesus I believe you are correct.  Now take a look at the verse that proceeds the verses that you just read.

Revelation 19:11(NKJV)
11Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 

"…. in righteousness He judges and makes war."

I hate to beat a dead horse here but again we see a picture different than Kumbaya Jesus.  Here we are told that Jesus makes war.  Huh?  Jesus?  Makes war?  That's what the Scripture says. 

Who does Jesus make war against?  My guess is that He makes war against the enemies of God.  And who are the enemies of God?  Scripture tells us that God considers those who reject Jesus to be His (God's) enemies.   

"…. in righteousness He judges and makes war."

The other thing I find interesting here is an answer to those who say that war is never the answer.  I would beg to disagree.  Scripture tells us that there is such a thing as a righteous war so I would suggest that means that sometimes war is the answer!

Now some of you may wonder why I keep pounding on this.  I'm not doing it on purpose.  It's just that the Scriptures keep appearing and God leads me to point them out.  It's just part of my nature.  Here is what I mean by that.

We all have "motivational" gifts as pointed out in Roman 12.  Last year at church I took a Spiritual gifts test based on Romans 12.  My number 3 gift is that of teaching.  It's not something I asked for or necessarily wanted but it is one of the gifts that God chose to give me.  It is therefore incumbent upon me to use that gift.

One of the things mentioned in the description of the Teaching gift is that "As you mature in Christ, the Scriptures and their accurate interpretation will be of great importance to you.". 

In the case of Kumbaya Jesus I think that is especially true.  People need to realize that it is not a live and let live situation in the eyes of God and Jesus according to Scripture.  There are very serious consequences to rejecting Jesus. 

God gives each and every one of us free will and God will respect our choice.  That doesn't mean however that we are free from the consequences of that choice.  At the point that you say "no I don't believe that Jesus was God's son and that Jesus was raised from the dead" you have called God a liar and declared yourself an enemy of God.  According to Scripture God takes that personally.

Now compare that to the benefits of accepting Jesus.  You become part of the family of God instead of God's enemy.  You get to enjoy that peace that surpasses all understanding by accepting Jesus.  You get the gift of the Holy Spirit to help guide you.  Why in the world anyone would reject Jesus is beyond me but some do.

How about you?  Have you accepted Jesus yet?  No better time than right now.  You don't need to know all the answers.  Just take a leap of faith and get started.  Just have a conversation with Jesus and invite Him to lead your life.  "Dear Jesus…." 

No comments:

Post a Comment