Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Don't speak for God


Instead let God speak through you.  What is the difference?  Take a look.

Luke 12:11-12(NKJV)
11“Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 
12For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

Man is that tough to do.  I think I have shared this before but years ago I was asked to give the Sunday night message at the Gospel Mission.  I had a month to prepare.  I asked God, more than once, to please give me the message that He wanted me to deliver. 

The message I kept getting from God was the verse above.  Not all that comforting considering the date was rapidly approaching.

God has a great way of teaching lessons if we will simply trust Him.  I'm not saying it is easy, but I am saying it is vital.  God knows what He is doing!  What does get easier is seeing God come through time after time after time.  It gets easier to stand on your faith the more you see that faith fulfilled in everyday life.

So here is what happened.  Sitting up front that Sunday night I still had no idea what I was supposed to say.  Not a single note written down.  When I was introduced I simply said a quick prayer that went something like this.  "OK God, I've got nothing here so it is up to You.  You're on!"

Guess what?  He already knew that.  Guess what else?  I needn't have worried.  When I got to the microphone a message came out.  It was the message that God wanted me to give, not something that I thought God wanted me to give.  See the difference? 

The lesson I learned that night was a great one.  Don't speak for God, let God speak through you!

No comments:

Post a Comment