Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2015

More blessed than that!


Ran across this verse in Luke today.  Thought it offered an interesting perspective.

Luke 11:27-28(NKJV)
27And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!”
28But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

Here is Jesus himself saying that as blessed as Mary was for bearing Jesus, we will be even more blessed by hearing the Word of God and keeping it.

I love the simplicity.  Want blessings in your life?  Then make every effort to hear the Word of God and keep it.  What are some ways to do that?

First and foremost, ask Jesus to come into your life to lead you.  Life is a lot easier when you turn it over to Jesus.  Just have a conversation with Jesus and ask Him to take over.  "Dear Jesus….".

Now simply get into the Word on a daily basis.  That should be the goal.  Won't always happen because sometimes life gets in the way.  But as long as you are always making a heart felt effort, I believe God takes note of that and gives us credit.

The best way I have found to really hear what God's Word is saying to me is to keep a Bible reading journal.  That is how this blog was originally started.  I've been keeping a written journal since 2006.

I read a chapter from the New Testament and the Old Testament each day.  Then I simply write down what I believe God wants me to get from that day's readings.  It's the whole putting it into your own words that I really think helps internalize God's Word.

Give it a try.  I believe that the closer you draw to God, the more blessings you will see in the coming year and throughout the rest of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment