Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Loving favor rather than silver and gold.


What a great proverb!  I especially love the second part.

Proverbs 22:1(NKJV)
1    A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches,      Loving favor rather than silver and gold.

One of the great blessings of following God is that we get to live in God's favor.   What does that mean exactly?  I think that it means that more times than not, things just work out for us. 

One of the things that my family kind of teases me about is my total belief in God's favor.  For example, anytime I pull into a parking lot I just believe that I am going to get a good parking space.  You know what?  I usually do!

God has the ability, through His favor, to drop blessings on us right out of the blue.  I have experienced it over and over in my life.  So when I read the second part of todays verse I really related to it.

I would much rather have God's loving favor than anything else!   

No comments:

Post a Comment