Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

What about me….?


The brother of the prodigal son says! 

Luke 15:31-32(NKJV)
31“And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours. 
32It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’”

The thing that I find sad about this verse is that so many Christians live a life of lacking when they don't need to.  We are the brothers to the prodigal son.  We are the ones who already believe and are about the Fathers work. 

Look at verse 31.  "...and all that I have is yours.".  As heirs in Christ I believe that is what God is saying to us.  Unfortunately as I mentioned yesterday, I think too many Christians expect Some sort of mystical change instead of understanding that there is a process spelled out in the Bible that needs to be followed.

Maybe we need to do a better job of teaching that process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment