Search This Blog

Thursday, May 25, 2017

I wonder if the dead people thought it was gracious and merciful? :)


This just struck me as a bit funny.  There have been times where the people have pissed God off enough that He killed a bunch of them off.  I have no problem with that.  They had fair warning and went ahead a pissed off God anyway.

What made me chuckle though was this verse from Nehemiah. 

Nehemiah 9:31(NKJV)
    Nevertheless in Your great mercy     You did not utterly consume them nor forsake them;     For You are God, gracious and merciful.

Nehemiah is praising God for not killing them all.  For leaving some of them alive to start over.    Nehemiah says God was "gracious and merciful" for not killing all of them.  I wonder if all of those who did get killed would agree with that assessment?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment