Search This Blog

Friday, May 12, 2017

Why do you think Jesus said "no sign shall be given"?


I have a theory that I'll share after the verse.

Mark 8:11-12(NKJV)
Then the Pharisees came out and began to dispute with Him, seeking from Him a sign from heaven, testing Him. 
But He sighed deeply in His spirit, and said, “Why does this generation seek a sign? Assuredly, I say to you, no sign shall be given to this generation.”

What is the basis of our salvation.  Faith in Jesus.  That that He is who He says He is and that He will save us and give us eternal life. 

Needing a sign shows lack of faith in my opinion. 

So once again we see Jesus telling the Pharisees to pound sand.  I think this again demonstrates how mistaken Peter was when He said that God wants all saved.  Seems to me that God only wants those who believe in Jesus on faith saved.  The rest, once they have made the decisions to become enemies of God by rejecting Jesus, are pretty much on their own. 

If God wanted all saved no matter what, then Jesus would have made an exception and given a sign.  At least that is my theory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment