Search This Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2017

We don't often think of God killing do we?


I noticed this today and thought it deserved a comment.  File it under another misconception of God.

There are many who say and believe things like God never acts directly against people.  He will let Satan mess with us but God doesn't do it directly.

Really?  The verse below is Jesus speaking.

Luke 12:5(NKJV)
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

Jesus is speaking of God here.  It would seem to me that the phrase "after He has killed" indicates a direct action of God killing someone.  Hmm.

The last couple of times through the New Testament I have been paying special attention to what Jesus Himself says vs. what everyone else says in the NT.  Really interesting.  I would highly recommend the approach to your study. 

A few years back there was a bracelet that people wore that asked "what would Jesus do".  I'm going to change that slightly.  I think we should start asking "What did Jesus say?".

No comments:

Post a Comment