Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Always in God's Timing

Jeremiah 42:7-8(NKJV)
7And it happened after ten days that the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah. 
8Then he called Johanan the son of Kareah, all the captains of the forces which were with him, and all the people from the least even to the greatest, 
--------------------------- 
Always in God’s timing.  Here we have a prophet who prays about something and God gets back with him 10 days later.  God's timing is so cool!  We all know that God answers prayer, we just don't know when He will answer it.  Sometimes it is soon after we prayed it and sometimes it is so long after we prayed it that we may have forgotten we prayed it altogether.

I'd like to tie this to something else that I have written about lately.  Specific prayers.  I have been praying much more specifically recently and the results have been amazing.  I'd like to share what happened today.

I have a meeting today where I am going to propose a joint venture with another company.  So today as I started my Bible study I was in prayer and I was specifically praying for guidance on this meeting.  Now in the past my prayer would have been something like "please guide me Lord" with the underlying implication of just point me in the right direction and I'll take it from there (Me in control). 

Well today I started that way and then moved on to asking for guidance on what to say at this meeting.  Then I got even more specific and asked that "God help me identify and articulate what is in it for them that they would want to participate in this joint venture".  Now that is pretty specific. 

That is when the weirdest thing happened.  As soon as I finished the thought it was like God said "get a pen and start writing".  I could barely write fast enough as the outline of a whole business plan flowed out of the pen and on to the paper.  Insights that I had never thought of on how to structure the proposal.  It was incredible!

Now I'm not suggesting that God will now always give instantaneous answers to prayer just because you are being specific, not suggesting that at all.  What I am sharing with you is that for me it was one of those 2 x 4 moments.  You know what I mean.  Where God just reached out with a 2 x4 and whacked me upside the head to get my attention, as if to say "Dude, see what happens when you simply do things the way I suggested?"  Too cool!

So folks, always trust God's timing.  As I showed yesterday He has promised to be there for us.  I think what I learned from this is that the more specific I am in my prayers, the more specific God can be in answering those prayers because I have given Him more information to go on. 

Give it a try and see if you aren't amazed also!

1 comment:

  1. Too cool! I love when it is so clear that God is answering your prayers, whether it is 10 min. later or 10 months later!

    ReplyDelete