Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fear Not!

Easy to say, hard to do.  Fear Not!  I think fear stops more people from achieving really great things than anything else.  And the sad things is that most of what we fear or worry about never happens anyway which leads me to this verse in Psalms.

Psalms 64:1(NKJV)
1    Hear my voice, O God, in my meditation; Preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

Isn't that interesting.  Not preserve my life from my enemy but preserve my life from “fear of my enemy".  Could it be that God is telling us that the fear of something could be as bad or worse than the actual thing.  Maybe that is why He told us 10 different times in the Bible to "fear not"!  But why should we fear not?

Genesis 21:17(NKJV)
17And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the lad where he is. 

Isaiah 41:10(NKJV)
10    Fear not, for I am with you;     Be not dismayed, for I am your God.     I will strengthen you,     Yes, I will help you,     I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Isaiah 41:13(NKJV)
13    For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,     Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’

Isaiah 41:14(NKJV)
14    “Fear not, you worm Jacob,      You men of Israel!     I will help you,” says the Lord     And your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 43:1(NKJV)
1    But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob,      And He who formed you, O Israel:     “Fear not, for I have redeemed you;     I have called you by your name;     You are Mine.

Isaiah 43:5(NKJV)
5    Fear not, for I am with you;     I will bring your descendants from the east,     And gather you from the west;

Isaiah 44:2-3(NKJV)
2    Thus says the Lord who made you     And formed you from the womb, who will help you:     ‘Fear not, O Jacob My servant;     And you, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.
3    For I will pour water on him who is thirsty,     And floods on the dry ground;     I will pour My Spirit on your descendants,     And My blessing on your offspring;

Daniel 10:19(NKJV)
19And he said, “O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace be to you; be strong, yes, be strong!” So when he spoke to me I was strengthened, and said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”

Joel 2:21(NKJV)
21    Fear not, O land;      Be glad and rejoice,     For the Lord has done marvelous things!

John 12:15(NKJV)
15    Fear not, daughter of Zion;      Behold, your King is coming,     Sitting on a donkey’s colt.” £

There you have it folks.  A nice list of why we should fear not.  God hears us, He's with us, and He's promised to help us.  How cool is that?  So fear not!

No comments:

Post a Comment