Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Bit of Personal Testimony

Here’s an interesting observation that God just provided me.  I come up with great ideas for my businesses and then am slow it implement them.  I often wonder why and here is the insight I just received.  I don’t want to implement them because the hope that it will be a huge success is much more satisfying than the pain of trying the new idea and finding out that it won’t actually work and I am back to square one.  And I think a deeper part of that issue stems from the fear that if I end back up at square one I won’t have any more good ideas as options.

Here is a real example of what I mean.  I am starting another business.  I don’t have a lot of extra cash flow right now and so I am looking for ways to promote this new business through a joint venture with another local business.

I have been delaying making the call to propose this joint venture and I think part of the reason is that I don’t have a backup plan, another idea if this one doesn’t work.  Kind of the feeling that if this fails, then what?  Like there won’t be another idea after this one. 

Which leads me to the insight God gave me this morning.  “Just trust me.  If this idea doesn’t work out just trust me, I’ll give you another great idea.  Want proof?  Look at your daily blog.”  Wow!

When I first started doing the blog I knew right up front that there was no way I would ever be able to come up with something to write about everyday by myself.  So right from the very start I have just always trusted God to provide the ideas to write about.  And day after day He comes through.  It truly has been amazing to experience. 

And what has been the key?  You’re going to hate the answer.  :)  In my opinion the key has been the “diligent seeking” of God through spending more time in prayer and more time in the word.  Now that shouldn’t really be a surprise because after all, God clearly told us that the more we seek Him the more He will reveal to us.

So how does this relate to the procrastination issue?  I now have a new frame of reference from my personal experience with God.  Instead of fearing that if this ideas fails I won’t have another good one, I can now start blasting through the good ideas as fast as I can with full confidence that if this one doesn’t work out, there will be another great idea tomorrow.  How can I be so sure?  Because I’ve personally experienced it for the last two to three months on a daily basis, that’s how!

This is just another example of what I refer to as practical Christianity.  The more effort you put into building your relationship with God, the deeper that relationship will grow and that will improve all areas of your life, it’s not just a spiritual thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment