Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Atheist Blogger Converts!


Last week I wrote a post called "I Don't Believe There Is an Invisible Sky Daddy" in which I talked about the value of asking questions to lead people to Christ.  I ran across this story today.  It's about an atheist blogger who has just converted to Catholicism. 

Sometimes as we go through life we are hesitant to witness to certain people because we figure they already have their mind made up, or we are intimidated by them, or whatever.  Well here was a young woman that was not  only an atheist but a very public atheist at that.  She wrote a blog that was read by many!  There was a comments section of her blog where she argued her views in a very public way.  And yet others still witnessed to her even though they knew her mind was already made up. 

So the first lesson here is we need to do our job which is to spread the Word.  Our charge is to spread the seed.  Let God worry about the harvest!  The second lesson is again the value of questions.

It was a question from a friend that finally moved her to our side.  She had a sense of morality but when her friend asked her where that morality came from she didn't have an answer.  I encourage you to read her story.  I've provided a couple of links.  And I would also ask that we keep this woman in our prayers as she continues her faith journey.






2 comments: