Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

But by the grace of God I am what I am


1 Corinthians 15:10(NKJV)
10But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 

I love that phrase.  It reminds me that all that I have been through are what make me what I am today.  The good times and the bad.  The good decisions and the bad.  The great people I've met and the scumbags. 

It's all of those things that have helped to shape my beliefs and outlooks.  As I look back, would I want to do it all again?  Not necessarily but do I regret any of it?  Not really because it is what has made me what I am to this point. 

My one hope is that God continues to guide my path and finds ways to use all of those experiences to reach others for Jesus. 

Spend some time this week reflecting on how God has blessed you in your life's experiences. 

2 comments:

  1. Its always cool being able to reflect and see how God has used so many things in our lives to shape us into who we are today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Especially when you look back and see how seemingly unrelated things come together in ways you never could have imagined.

    ReplyDelete