Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"I Don't Believe There's an Invisible Sky Daddy"


One of the greatest challenges for me and I suspect for many of us is effectively witnessing.  I'm the type of person who likes to be right.  I want to make sure I have my facts straight.  I want to be able to rebut any argument or excuse. 

What an ineffective strategy!  The thing is, I should know that.  How many of you have ever read How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie?  Great book.  If you have not read it I would suggest you do so.

Why?  Because number one it will help make you more effective at witnessing about Jesus.  The second reason is that no matter what you do for a living, it will help you advance in your job or career. 

One of the most effective tools you have available to you is the question.  Why? Because questions make the other person think and it allows you to direct what they think about. 

There is an old saying in sales.  "If you say it they can doubt it, if they say it it has to be true".  You can lecture someone til you are blue in the face but it is still you "saying it".  By skillfully using questions, you can lead them to the conclusion that you want them to reach, in essence getting "them to say it".

If you would like to see a great example of using questions, watch this video called "I Don't Believe There's an Invisible Sky-Daddy".  Now he doesn't get this atheist to accept Jesus right then and there (this isn't like TV), but you can see he does get the atheist to start thinking.  Maybe someday down the road this guy will come to Christ.  The point is that another seed was planted.  He got the guy to start questioning.

Learn this technique from the video and then make it a point to start using questions in your daily life and see how it works for you.

2 comments: