Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Good Advice


I think this is good advice not only if they "arrest us for Christ" but any time we represent Christ.

Mark 13:11(NKJV)
But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. 

Don't speak for the Holy Spirit.  Let the Holy Spirit speak through you!  Make sense?

I have probably shared this story before but I can't remember for sure so I will share it again.  Years ago I was asked to give the message at the Gospel Mission.  I had this message firmly in mind as I prepared for that Sunday evening.  Wow, what a test of faith!

By the time I was introduced I had zero notes.  ZERO! 

Normally I would have had the whole thing scripted and I would have practiced it and been ready.  This time right up to the moment I stepped up to the podium God just kept saying "Trust me.  I got this!". 

I did and He did!

No comments:

Post a Comment