Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

"Spiritually discerned"


This is an interesting concept. 

1 Corinthians 2:14(NKJV)
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 

I have often said that I think the most effective means of witnessing is through personal testimony of what God has done in our own lives.  I think that is way more effective that trying to beat people over the head with the Bible and just convince them with Scripture verses.

This might explain why.  When we just use Bible verses it seems to me that we are trying to convince them with logic.  On the other hand when we share personal testimony we connect at a much more emotional, or substitute the word spiritual, level. 

Now don't get me wrong.  I am not saying to scrap the Bible or anything silly like that.  The Bible is the foundational document that we base our faith on.  I'm just saying that when we are trying to win people to Christ, connecting at the spiritual level is more convincing than logic.

Make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment