Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

And They Walked With Him No More


Isn't that hard to believe? 

John 6:61-67(NKJV)
61When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 
62What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 
63It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 
64But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 
65And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”
66From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 
67Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”

Can you believe that?  There were people that walked with Jesus personally, witnessed some of His miracles personally; and yet chose to leave and not believe.  Wow!

What is it that keeps you walking with Jesus?  For me it is the personal experiences that I have had with Him.  There are things in the Bible that are weird enough that I can see how it can cause some to doubt.  I don't understand them all.  So why don't they cause me to doubt?  Because they pale in comparison to the real life things that I have personally experienced with Jesus. 

How about you?  Have you had a real life experience with Jesus yet?  It starts by simply asking Him to come into your life.  Just have a conversation with Jesus.  "Dear Jesus…."

No comments:

Post a Comment