Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

God Had To Have Faith Too!


 
John 10:17-18(NKJV)
17“Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 
18No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

I think I've written about this before but it bears repeating. 

The basis of our salvation is faith in Jesus Christ.

Faith. 

Did you ever stop to think that God had to have faith as well?  Why?  Because he gave each and every one of us, including Jesus, free will.  As the Scripture above says, Jesus had the power to lay down His life, or not.

So not only is our salvation based in our faith in Jesus, but God's whole plan of salvation was based on faith in Jesus as well.  What did Good have faith in?  That Jesus would indeed lay down His life!  Aren't you glad He did?

Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment